Wednesday, January 1, 2014

{ my new toy }


Today, I bought a sewing machine!

This one.

I'm not going to lie, I was heavily influenced by the aesthetic. It's an anniversary edition, so the style is a little bit more vintage-inspired than the other ones I was looking at. It wasn't the deciding factor (entirely), but I did settle on this one and it is now in my possession.

I'm a little bit nervous about learning how to use it. I grew up hearing my grandma use a lot of sewing jargon (to this day I'm unsure what the term "basting" refers to), but she wasn't able to teach me a whole lot while we were together. I'm sure it's very complicated for someone new to sewing, but I can only hope that it gets easier with practice.

It had better, because I might have already ordered fabric to play with.

Well, I did get some clearance cotton from JoAnn's to practice with before I use anything I really love. At $2 a yard, I'm okay with having a few missteps.

With luck, there will soon be stylish, handmade dresses coming my way.

Or a lot of cursing.

Probably a little bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment