Monday, February 3, 2014

{ traveling cupcake : house-hunting }


House hunting is probably one of the most underrated pastimes ever.

Earlier today, we visited the downtown area in hopes of touring some of the vintage shops. Unfortunately, everything was closed on Mondays. We got some lunch anyway (the place we went had some delicious sandwiches!) and just went home for a little bit. Later, my aunt decided we should drive around some of the neighborhoods in Milford to check out houses for sale, and I ended up having a blast with her and my mom. We saw four or five houses that my mom expressed serious interest in--they'll probably be asking for showings later this week after I've gone back to Arizona. Mom's promised to send me a lot of pictures, since we couldn't actually see inside any of the houses. (We peeked in some windows, but that didn't really give us a lot to go off of.) There were also a lot of schools in the area, so in a month or two I'll probably be sending some resumes their way! 

I love the idea of a five-minute commute. I got sort of spoiled at my current job. Anything more than a mile away is too far! 

The plan is to go home tomorrow (sadly), though that might have to be delayed if the weather is still looking stormy or if the flights all fill up. (Good part about flying standby: it's cheaper. Bad part: you might get stuck someplace.) My aunt thinks the flights aren't looking good for me, so I might actually end up here for an extra day. I don't mind, I just get really anxious about not coming back when I say I will--though I did warn my work in advance that this situation could happen. They seemed all right with it as long as I let them know what was going on. 

We'll see.

Anyway, we're all getting excited to live here as this seems to become more of a reality. Sometimes moving can sort of seem like it's so far off in the distance, it's not even really worth worrying about yet. It might even feel like it won't end up happening--house hunting made it feel like we were really coming along from just having this be something we talk about casually.

I can't wait to see what house my mom picks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment