Friday, May 23, 2014

it's happening!

I'm laying down writing this as I fight the urge to fall asleep. (Seriously, the last week of school was never this overwhelming when I was a student!)

Tomorrow morning, we're leaving! The first stop is Anaheim--we were able to budget for that Disneyland trip after all! After that, we'll be driving up through the rest of California, through Oregon, then straight to Seattle where Marcus's parents are quite eagerly waiting. We've both been so psyched we could hardly stand it, because it's not really a secret that neither of us enjoys the desert. A few people have almost taken what I could almost call offense to our new destination--"What? Washington? Why? You know it rains there, right?!"

Oh, believe me, we knew. It was really helpful that we've been able to visit during summer and winter to get an accurate idea of what the seasons are like. We weren't too scared off, evidently!

I never felt like I could answer honestly when people at work who'd heard about our upcoming move through the grapevine asked me what the long-term plan is. A lot of variables are up in the air, and I don't actually know how long we're going to be there. For the first time in awhile, I guess I'm just not worried about it. I'm excited to just be there for a little bit, if that makes sense. Overseas will come, I'm sure of it. I can't say when, exactly, because that depends on what ends up panning out. In the meantime, I have a good partner who I'm ecstatic to be making such a fun road trip with. I hear the drive through Oregon in particular is beautiful!

I can't wait to get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment