Sunday, May 18, 2014

tiger stripes and high-waisted shorts


The thing I've found about animal prints is that you generally love them or hate them. Personally, I've never really been a huge fan. I'm not sure why, exactly. Maybe for the most part they seemed a little too loud for me (says the person who has a love affair with novelty prints, I guess). When I saw this tiger-striped vamp top up for sale on one of the Pinup Girl swap boards, though, I felt like I sort of had to have it. I couldn't explain why, especially since it was so different from my usual style. Still, when it arrived, I couldn't wait to try it on! 

I will say this about vamp tops: they're phenomenal. They fit pretty true to size, and, as the PUG reviews state, they do pretty great things for your bust! ;) I've actually wanted to try a real one for awhile (I have a black knockoff from Hot Topic that I love) because I was curious about the quality judging from the rave reviews. Now I'm most definitely sold! They have a lot of other colors I'd love to try out someday, including zebra and lavender. It's such a fun top for the summertime! I'm sure I'll find a way to get a lot of use out of it even though the print is pretty bold. 


As an aside, I'm really excited that my hair is finally getting long enough to experiment more with it. I'm thinking about trying rollers pretty soon--I've found some interesting tutorials on Pinterest for setting your hair, and my curiosity is piqued! 


And now, completely unrelated, but probably important: this Saturday, I'm going on a road trip! Marcus and I are going to be moving to Seattle as my mom leaves for Ohio. This is indeed different from our original plans of all moving out there together, but it's probably for the best. When I visited with Mom in February, I had a great time, but I had this feeling in my heart like it just wasn't the place for me.  When I talked to her about it, she agreed, and suggested that Marcus and I take some time to go see his parents up in Seattle and give the Northwest a try for a while. I'm very excited, because his parents and I are very close and they've already been throwing around some suggestions for international companies up there that I could look into! Honestly, I think it's much more what we're looking for at this point in life. However, we can always go out to Ohio for a visit...and there's been talk of a family trip to New York! 

We will be stopping in Disneyland along the way, too, so there's a lot to look forward to. It'll probably be a really long trip, but we've made a few together before and we always have a nice time. Plus, I hear the drive along the coastline is beautiful! We'll even get to pass through Oregon for a little bit, which is someplace I've always wanted to see.

More on that later, I guess! Now, I just have to focus on my preschoolers for one last week together. And packing, too. I should probably think about that. ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment