Saturday, April 26, 2014

date night and b.a.i.t shoes


After a really draining week that was less than enjoyable, Marcus and I got to have a date night! Clearly, he was very excited to be wearing the Game of Thrones shirt I surprised him with a couple weeks ago. He also convinced me to wear my new dress and shoes even though we weren't going anywhere fancy--all right, he didn't exactly have to twist my arm about it. I was really psyched to try out my new B.A.I.T Ida's, since I'd heard tons about how great they were but was curious about all the hype. (He just likes them because of the clicking sound they make when I walk.)

It might not sound like anything too crazy, but one of our favorite things to do is go to Port of Subs, order our sandwiches, sit at our designated "high table" and talk for awhile. I obviously see him every day, but it doesn't always feel like there's time to just discuss arbitrary things that are on our minds on weeknights. Partly, I think work sort of tires everyone out to the point where they aren't always up for long conversations. I can relate, but I'm also grateful that we make the time at least once a week.

When we finished, we left to go walk around the outdoor mall for a bit while the weather was still nice. This time of year is perfect at night, but towards May and June, even the evenings get a little too hot and sticky for most people. (That mall always has so much more business in the wintertime!) Marcus's favorite place to check out is the puppy store, because they always have little bulldogs hanging around. Personally, I like seeing the darker Shih Tzus and the Scotties. Both of us also like to stop at Barnes and Noble when we go to that mall--I think almost everyone does, though. The atmosphere in there is so calming and enjoyable, especially when there aren't a lot of people in at once. I got to look at some fun cookbooks (but, sadly, I had to resist the urge to take any with me). We were going to go for gelato, but the shop that opened at the mall awhile ago is so popular, the line is usually out the door and down the street a little bit. We decided to go try some frozen yogurt instead, which turned out to be an excellent decision because this particular place had creamy pineapple and a hot fudge dispenser. Suffice it to say we'll be returning soon.

We ended the evening with some Coffee Rush, then headed home to continue watching one of our latest TV shows. (We like to pick shows to marathon while we wait for our favorites, like Game of Thrones and Orange is the New Black. Right now, we're doing one called Sword Art Online. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.) Not necessarily the craziest night on the town, but I enjoyed it immensely!

Right, and before I forget--the verdict on the Ida shoes seems to be a good one. We did a lot of walking around, and I only felt any real rubbing after a few hours. Since the shoes are sort of stiff, I imagine they'll take a bit of breaking in to be completely comfortable, but I don't get the impression that they'll be chafing forever or anything. They make me very happy to wear, and I definitely feel like they aren't too fussy for a night out. They're still on sale on the B.A.I.T site here--I'm not sure what sizes will be left, since I imagine they sell out of these pretty quickly! I debated on these for quite awhile, since I was worried they'd look sort of frumpy in person, but I was very wrong. In person, they're some of the cutest shoes I've ever seen. I'm officially sold. I may or may not have a couple other colors on their way. (Marcus says he is excited because they make me happy and I will be clicking a lot when I walk.)

Great shoes and better company--not a bad way to have started the weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment