Tuesday, June 10, 2014

legendary donuts!


Food is a pretty significant part of my relationship to Marcus. When we met, he was so particular about what he would eat, there were practically no options that he wanted. Now, after a few years of prompting him to leave his comfort zone a little bit, he's all over the place! We're constantly trying out new places that look like fun--which is how we discovered Naked Pizza and this Thai place by the movies. 

Fun story: when we first came to visit Washington a little over a year ago, Marcus's parents lived a few cities over in a place called Auburn. One day, we got bored and decided to try finding a new coffee place or something. We ended up at Legendary Donuts, which happened to be by the grocery store closest to the old apartment. To this day, we remembered how outstanding those donuts were--so, we decided to take a trip back!

It's only about twenty minutes away from where we live now, but damn, Washington traffic will double your commute if you catch it at the wrong time of the day. When we got there, about half the donuts were already cleared out. Thankfully, as you can see, we were able to score the last giant glazed donut, a blueberry cake one, and a few little mini holes that seemed interesting. As usual, Marcus also needed his carton of milk. 


 

He really enjoys his oversized desserts.

Also, he felt really bad because he told me "no" on the coffee I wanted to get. (To be fair, he's trying to help--I have this really bizarre caffeine sensitivity and it seems to be most prevalent when I drink strong coffee. Once, at a Denny's, I asked for decaf and accidentally got regular, and I spent the whole night violently sick. Ever since then, he's very wary of any coffee that I can't order decaffeinated.)

I just went next door to McDonald's later and got one of their decaf coffees. :P For $1, it's pretty remarkable.


He's not a big picture guy, but he puts up with it once in awhile. :) I really love that we can go exploring for food together--his parents were telling us about this time they tried to "eat their way through Manhattan", and I think that's possibly going to be the case with us and Seattle. We're already scouting the grounds for good sushi and Indian.

Agh, damn. Now I really want to go for some Naked Pizza. It's so hard to pace yourself here! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Those donuts are huge! And they look delicious (: I have a weird sensitivity to citrus fruit, but I love lemonade. My boyfriend is always watching my lemonade intake, because even though I always want a second glass, if I drink too much I'll get a stomachache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, lord, they were so cakey and delicious without being overly sweet. I dream about those donuts. Haha! And that's cute of your boyfriend! :) It's funny, because I ASKED him to keep an eye on me ever since I got sick--I know myself and I know I'll take the coffee if it's offered, but he says he feels bad about it!

      Delete