Wednesday, June 18, 2014

{ sunflower award }


I was so pleasantly surprised to see that Kayleigh of Petite Femme Noir had nominated me for the Sunflower Award today! From what I gather, I get to answer a series of questions and then pose a few of my own to some bloggers I enjoy. Personally, I think that's exciting, because I love seeing what kind of questions people can come up with. All right, let's see what I get to talk about. 

Do you collect anything, if so, what?
It could indeed be argued that I collect novelty-printed dresses.
Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
Oh, it's hard to say whether it was my grandmother or my mom. They both raised me without judgment and left me completely free to become who I wanted to be. Also, my grandma instilled the idea in me that a true lady knows when the appropriate time to curse like a sailor on shore leave is. I feel like it's hard to go wrong with women like that as guiding forces.
If they were to make a movie about you life, who do you think would play you?
Oh, lord. I have no idea. I've been told I don't look like anyone. Can I just get Benedict Cumberbatch and call it good?

What makes you feel most confident?

Agh, it's going to sound so silly and overdone, but Marcus really makes me feel about as confident as I ever have. He has this remarkable ability to keep a balance between telling me every day what I'm worth and why he loves me and also not blindly coddling me when I get too down on myself. He's really matter-of-fact and knows how to keep me grounded without making me feel uneasy or judged. There's a ton of stuff I never thought I'd be able to do that I can now because of the way he's helped me learn to look at myself.

What three words best describe you?
Deadpan, introverted and wanderlusty. It's a word, I've decided it.
Where is your favorite place to be?
I love to be outside. Ever since moving to Washington, I spend as much time outdoors as I can and I can't get enough of it. The forests and mountains here are insanely beautiful. Don't even start me on the farmer's markets. Have you ever eaten a fresh banh mi sandwich while enjoying a nice breeze and the smell of fresh cookies from the next stall over? Agh. That's living, people.
What is your favorite flower? 
I love hydrangeas. I want them to be in my wedding bouquet someday. 

All right, that was fun! I think for my round of questions, I'd like to pick:

Emma at Race & Emma
Samantha at Nettle & Honey
Sammi at Soubrette Brunette
Alexandra at Into the Woods
Jes at Potentially Lovely
Hannah at Stupid Happens.

1. Who makes you the most happy?
2. If you could drop everything and move someplace else, where would you go?
3. What makes you feel most at peace?
4. What's something that's completely impractical and unnecessary that you'd love to buy for yourself?
5. What's one style you really wish you could pull off?
6. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to and why?
7. Can you write me a short haiku describing yourself?

Thanks again for having me answer your questions, Kayleigh! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your answer to what makes you feel most confident. I would have to agree wholeheartedly. My boyfriend makes me feel so beautiful and confident too. I too have a very large collection of novelty print dresses. I can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete