Sunday, April 13, 2014

fleet collection review!


A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be one of two winners of an Instagram contest hosted by Fleet Collection! I won a $50 gift card, and I used it to buy the dress I'm going to talk about! Fleet Collection is a great brand that specializes in simple, elegant clothing. A lot of their dresses come in a huge range of colors, which is perfect for someone like me who can't get enough of pastels. Ordinarily, I would have immediately bought something mint (they had about four dresses that I was seriously debating on getting). However, this time around, I decided to go with something a little bit different. Their Etiquette dress had just come back into stock when I received my gift card, and I couldn't say no to the gorgeous lace collar. 


I love the detail on the lace--it has kind of a Victorian feel to it, which is one of my favorite things to find in a piece of clothing. It's not something you encounter very much, especially now that festival styles are coming in for the summertime.

My dress arrived pretty quickly. When I took it out of the package, I was pleasantly surprised by the weight of the fabric. It's heavy enough to give it a nice drape while still being pleasant in the Arizona heat, and the inside is lined with some adorable, silky red polka-dot fabric. It was true to size and very comfortable! I couldn't wait to wear it, so I put it on after work and went to the grocery store. It would definitely work for more formal occasions, however. ;)


I especially love that this dress is fit and flare, because the definition on the waist is very nice without being constricting and the skirt fluffs out just right. Another bonus--it wasn't too long for me! At 5'3, sometimes I hit that awkward territory between the cute longer vintage-y length that works for me with some skirts and actually just too long. Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about it!


It's basically an elegant dress that can be dressed up or down, which is something I personally feel like everyone should own at least one of. The collar isn't sewn down, so you can flip it up and tuck any color cardigan under it for an instant pop while still getting the full effect of the lace.


Of course, now I am tempted to go back for some of those other dresses I saw. They have silhouettes and fabrics to suit almost any taste, and as I said before, I can't resist anything that comes in mint or lavender.

I was personally very impressed with my experience. Thank you again, Fleet Collection, for the chance to own one of the cutest black dresses I've ever seen.

Shoes: Chelsea Crew 
Necklace: Thrifted
Headband: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment