Saturday, April 12, 2014

passports and printed blouses



My passport arrived a day after my birthday--talk about some serious lucky timing. I wasn't expecting it for at least a couple more weeks!

Marcus and I went to Phoenix together to get them done awhile back. We have plans to travel in the near future, and I was long overdue for an updated passport (this was his first one!) so we decided to get it over with. I was excited that they let us smile for the pictures, since I'd heard that wasn't necessarily allowed. The contrast in the photos they ended up using was really high, so we both came out looking sunburned. Oh, well! I'm beyond excited to finally have my current passport.


Semi-related: how cute is this blouse? I saw it on Modcloth awhile ago, but somehow I missed it and it ended up selling out. I actually originally bought the dress in the same pattern, but unfortunately it didn't work for me and I sent it back. When I saw the top on eBay a few months later, I was really excited--more so when I won the auction for twelve dollars. I have a penchant for printed clothing, so I take all the deals I can find!


In other news, my hair is finally getting longer, which excites me in many ways but is also becoming inconvenient. Arizona weather is not really conducive to long hair past the month of March. Most days, I wear it up, especially because we spend a lot of time outside at work while the kids play. It's sort of nice, though--once in awhile, I wear it down and am pleasantly surprised by the growth. I can finally do a sock bun without having to put a thousand bobby pins in the back for support! Summer also seems to be a time when all sorts of cute hair tutorials come out, so I'm looking forward to being able to participate in some. I have not yet found a flower crown to wear (evidently those are all the rage), so for now I will settle for working on pin curls and twisted updos. I'll let you know how those work out! 

High-waisted shorts: Forever 21
Flats: Gap 


1 comment: