Saturday, April 19, 2014

to infinity and beyond



Do you know that feeling where you're looking for something specific--in your mind, you know exactly what it's supposed to look like--but nobody else knows what you're talking about when you describe it? If you're lucky, you also know the feeling that comes with walking into a store and unexpectedly seeing the item in question hanging on the rack in front of you. Bonus points if the one you find is your size. (If it's also on sale, you should probably consider purchasing a lottery ticket, because the stars are most assuredly lined up for you today.)

I recently experienced this when I found my special black top! 

I originally saw this one on Pinup Girl Clothing, but it was out of stock in my size and has been ever since. Some of the reviews mentioned sizing down for a better fit, but I wasn't really up for chancing it. I tried describing the general style and fit of the top to associates at other stores ("It's kind of...like, a bustier? Except with thick straps and it's not really lingerie. And it's got a sweetheart neckline. Kind of like all those crop tops over there except it's...you know...the whole shirt. Do you have anything like that?") but the search was largely fruitless.

A couple of weeks ago, I went into a Hot Topic with my mom on a whim while we were scoping out an outlet mall we'd never been to (unfortunately, the one by my house closed a while ago) and this top was hanging out right on the shelf near some dresses! I was floored, because I'd actually sort of given up on finding it anytime soon. I was even more excited when there turned out to be one left in my size--and thrilled with how comfortable it turned out to be! I was a little bit apprehensive, because I wasn't sure if I should just wait for the restock on Pinup Girl, but then I found out this one was on sale. I only wish it came in more solid colors! I'd definitely buy this top in red or mint. They currently sell a few polka dot styles on the Hot Topic website (I didn't see any at the store I was at, but they might be available in person at other ones!), but I have a lot of loud patterned skirts that needed a solid top. :) 


Also--can we talk about the print on this skirt for just a minute? It makes me really happy. I got the last one in my size from Modcloth on sale last week, but they also sell this and a red version on the Steady Clothing site. There's also a dress, which I may or may not own in red as well.


When in doubt, buy the printed skirt, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment